Coveris has been announced as winner of the coveted New Product Award for Equipment/Packaging at The Sammies Awards. Developed in a collaborative sustainability project, Coveris’ winning entry is M&S cartonboard sushi packaging.
Customer Service Executive
We are currently recruiting for a Customer Service Executive to join the Internal Sales team based at our Boston site. This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate looking to develop their career and join a progressive business.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Deliver the highest possible level of customer service to enable Coveris UKFC to grow the business with a commitment to achieve commercial excellence and profitability.
- Be the focal point for all contact from customers for a designated account portfolio, including, when appropriate, cover of colleague holidays and absence.
- Receive and action communications from customers and other departments, whether relating to CSE’s own customer portfolio or not. Where appropriate, proactively inform colleagues and/or customers of developments.
- Ensure that all customer orders, quotations, queries, complaints etc. are processed as quickly and efficiently as possible; the target being on the day of receipt.
- Work independently and seek guidance from Manager, Supervisor and other departments when necessary.
- Effectively manage stock levels and alert the External Account Manager, Office Manager and Stock Controller to any potential non-recoverable stock write off costs.
- Record thoroughly all aspects of orders (and amendments) being placed and entered, both on Prism and within customers’ purchase orders.
- Where appropriate, ensure that customer orders are entered and conform to commercial standards as dictated by the relevant customer Trading Agreement and to alert the Management Team where customer demands deviate from these trading agreements and/or prevent orders being produced as costed.
- Understand the operational model and constraints to ensure effective control and delivery of redesign lines, responsible for processing incoming new artwork and managing redesigns and other launch activity.
- Ensure that all housekeeping functions are maintained effectively, and periodic tasks are completed on time.
- Provide cover for the answering of incoming phone calls.
- Ensure paperwork submitted to other departments and customers is fit for purpose and supplied punctually.
- Professional customer service skills, promoting Coveris with professionalism and pride at all times.
- Excellent communicator - written and verbal - at all times.
- Well organised, paying close attention to detail, ability to prioritise, remaining calm under pressure.
- Friendly, approachable and flexible – a team player.
- Able to work independently seeking guidance where appropriate.
- Proactive, positive, enthusiastic - demonstrates “can do” attitude.
- Commercially aware.
- Literate and Numerate to GCSE Grade C or equivalent.
- Computer literate – MS Outlook, Excel, Word or equivalent.
- Previous Customer Service and Telephone skills desirable but not essential.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive business who invest in people. Should you feel that your skills and experience match the specification, please forward your covering letter and CV along with your salary expectations to our team.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, unfortunately we are unable to provide individual feedback. If you have not heard from us within 7 days after the closing date, then please assume that your application has not been successful.