Coveris has once again been recognised for print excellence at the European Flexographic Industry Association (EFIA) Awards. Gold award winners in three categories, Coveris also took home Silver in the prestigious ‘Best in Show’ competition.
We are currently recruiting for an Engineer to join the Engineering team based at our St Neots site. If you are seeking an employer with brilliant development and progression opportunities look no further.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- To carry out all work in a safe and efficient manner as per the Coveris health and Safety policy
- Undertake repairs as requested by Site Manager, Shift Manager or Coordinators.
- Ensure that all T cards are completed and closed off by self and effective delegation to the engineering team. Priority must be given to Health and Safety.
- Ensuring the continual management of the above through weekly planned maintenance, regular servicing and general housekeeping, whilst accurately documenting records.
- Manage un-planned downtime through effective delegation of engineering resource.
- Effectively co-ordinate all members of the engineering team to best serve the business
- Identify potential improvements to equipment and communicate these to the relevant persons
- Communicate with production manager on the status of any ongoing work
- Record using both manual and CMMS systems work carried out and parts used
- Work closely with other team members to ensure holidays and sickness are adequately covered.
- Identify and order spare parts at the most cost-effective price
- Source cost effective suppliers of machine parts to assist in cost-saving
- Ensure the security of all tools and equipment
- Work with CPS teams to improve overall efficiency of plant and equipment
- Provide training to apprentices and other engineering personnel as required
- Must be willing to travel to other sites or locations when required
- Undertake specialised training when required
- Identify cost saving or efficiency improvements
- Share information with all relevant parties
- Work with CI teams to improve production techniques
- Preferably apprentice trained with a minimum of 3 years’ experience ideally in a print related industry.
- Must be able to read and understand electrical drawings
- Must have good diagnostic skills
- Must have a working knowledge of Drives, PLC’s, motors, single and 3 phase systems, U.V. curing systems
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Great attention to detail
- Organised and calm under pressure
- Friendly, approachable and flexible – a team player
- Experience of flexographic printing presses and ancillary equipment would also be an advantage
- Good attendance and timekeeping
- Willingness to undertake other duties after suitable training.
- Good organisational and self-motivational skills
- Ability to work on own initiative without supervision
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office packages would be an advantage
- Proactive, positive, enthusiastic - demonstrates “can do” attitude
This is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive business who invest in people. Should you feel that your skills and experience match the specification, please forward your covering letter and CV along with your salary expectations to our team.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, unfortunately we are unable to provide individual feedback. If you have not heard from us within 7 days after the closing date, then please assume that your application has not been successful.