Coveris has announced a new £1M investment plan at its linerless labels facility in Spalding which will see the manufacturer increase capacity by over 20% in order to meet growing demand for the sustainable pack format.
Engineering Apprentice - Burnley
An exciting apprenticeship opportunity has arisen for a Engineering Apprentice to be part of our dedicated Burnley team. This is an excellent opportunity for someone to learn all aspects of the role of the Maintenance Engineers. The successful candidate will also attend college one day per week to learn the theoretical and technical aspects of the role.
In the role you will be required to comply with Health Safety & Environmental legislation to:
- shadow the fully trained Engineers in the execution of their duties
- learn how to complete maintenance tasks under close supervision
- understand the role of the maintenance engineers
- gradually put into practice skills & competencies learned both on & off the job in the plant repairs & maintenance tasks in a structured & supervised environment
You will already have 5 GCSEs or equivalent at grades A*-C (9-5) including Maths, English and a Science subject.
As an engineer you will:
- Be able to demonstrate a clear interest to working in the manufacturing sector
- Have effective Communication skills
- Have high level of attention to detail
- Be self-disciplined
- Be able to prioritise tasks
- Work equally well as part of a team or alone
- Be a natural problem solver
- Be able to assess when to seek help
- Show passion for your learning and be keen to learn from experienced engineers and other key personnel.
Please be aware that Engineers often find themselves in potentially dangerous environments for which there will be training, risk assessments, procedures etc. To maintain the safety of yourself and others, it will be imperative that you are able to actively listen, observe your work environment and always follow the rules. As with many engineering roles, you will need to work in a manufacturing environment and this may involve:
- Noisy or dirty working environments
- Working at heights
- Working in confined spaces
- Shift work