Managing its own circular-economy for process and supply-chain waste, Coveris’ recycling facility has received the top environmental honour at this year’s annual FINAT European Label Forum and Recycling Awards.
Purpose of role:
To produce polythene film involving the operation of high speed, high volume production lines, within specification and to a high quality, whilst maximising production efficiencies.
- Production of polythene film to the required customer specification.
- Maximisation of production output.
- Completion of order and blend changes.
- Completion of filter and die face cleans as required.
- Carry out and accurately record quality control checks, taking remedial action where required.
- Working to work tickets and job specification sheets, and accurately completing all production-related controlled documents, ensuring compliance to customer requirements and quality standards.
- Promptly notify supervisors or line manager if product is out of specification.
- Ensure raw material supplies and material feed are maintained.
- Removal and bailing of scrap product, and removal of excess raw materials.
- Weigh, palletise and remove finished product.
- Ensure finished product packaging is completed to specification and sufficient for needs, with correct labelling.
- Completion and to all task cards and instructions relevant to operational area.
- Ensure handover to next shift is completed.
- Maintenance of housekeeping and hygiene standards.
- Assist in direct training of other operators, subject to process experience under the direction of the Shift Manager, Shift Supervisor and the Training and Development Manager.
- Completion of duties in a safe and responsible manner and in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, making recommendations for improvement through Health & Safety Representative as appropriate.
- Completion of ad-hoc duties to meet the needs of the business, subject to appropriate training.
Candidate specification - Who you need to be:
- Have a good general level of education, including Grade A*-C in GCSE Mathematics (or equivalent)
- Ideally have a background in polythene film production manufacturing
- Ability to work closely with other members of the team ensuring cooperation and a team working atmosphere
- Willing to develop skills and knowledge of manufacturing methodologies
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively
- 12-hour shifts consisting of 2 days, 2 nights followed by 4 rest days. 7am to 7pm, and 7pm to 7am
- Operator grading via assessment to develop from trainee Extrusion Operator – Grade 3 to Grade 1