Committed to leading operational excellence and lean manufacturing in the packaging industry, Coveris continues to invest in its people, with fourteen members of staff recognised with Lean Fellowship Awards by The Manufacturing Institute.
HR Business Partner - Gainsborough & Burnley
Position: HR Business Partner
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: HR Manager, Films & Flexibles UK. Dotted line reporting relationship with Managing Director, Flexibles
Main Location: Based at Coveris' Gainsborough site, managing the HR service for both Gainsborough and Coveris' site in Burnley
To work closely with the site management teams and key stakeholders to ensure HR systems and processes support the strategic aims of the business. Provision of high-level people management and development support.
- Proactively setting and leading the site people agenda by translating the business requirements in to effective HR practices and delivery of people solutions aligned to business objectives.
- Acting as a trusted business partner and coach to the Operations Director and Senior Team, actively engaging in the leadership of the business and the setting and achievement of the business strategy.
- Providing advice and guidance on HR matters, supporting management team members on complex people management and employee relations issues.
- Delivery of key HR initiatives including resourcing, learning & development, restructuring, talent management, employee engagement, performance management and reward.
- Line management of HR teams in Gainsborough and Burnley, ensuring an effective and proactive HR provision on each site.
- Ensuring key stakeholders are informed/consulted on relevant changes such as redundancies and restructures.
- Commissioning services that support the delivery of business and HR objectives, working with third party providers to ensure that services are delivered to agreed standards and timescales.
- Reporting and analysing HR information, ensuring that reporting requirements are satisfied through the provision of management information.
- Maintaining a clear understanding and up to date knowledge of the legal framework within which HR operates, developing HR policies in line with current legislation and best practice.
- Oversee payroll data, ensuring colleagues are paid correctly and on time.
- Management of HR budget spend.
- Any other reasonable duties as directed by the business.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- CIPD Level 7
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a senior people management role
- Experience of working in partnership with a range of stakeholders including managers, trade unions, employees and external partners.
- Experience of managing conflict and achieving positive outcomes
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of employment law and HR best practice
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Resilient under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail & accuracy
- Excellent organisation skills
- Good presentation & communication skills
- Proactive, self-motivated, flexible, adaptable
- Fully conversant with MS Office (esp. Excel)