Coveris has once again received the award for Flexible Plastics Pack of the Year at this year’s UK Packaging awards with its Freshlife MAP avocado packs for Tesco and Waitrose, created in partnership with Greencell.
To design, implement, co-ordinate and communicate the safety, health and environmental practices for the site incorporating central and legislative HSE requirements.
- Provide guidance and support to the management team on best practice in relation to health, safety and environmental matters.
- Interpret centralised EHS strategies and translate them locally, ensuring compliance with corporate standards and achievement of ISO45001 accreditation.
- Acts as the competent person for EHS across the site, offering support and training, managing the risk process and completing all other EHS activities relating to Operational and support teams.
- Drive a ‘Just Culture’ supporting fairness, openness, accountability and learning, building relationships with key stakeholders.
- Report on health, safety and environmental performance at site level.
- Lead the investigation process relating to incidents/accidents and compliance breaches.
- Manage the site’s contribution to Group ISO accreditation (9001,14001 & BRC).
- Co-ordinate internal and external audits relating to safety and environmental standards, ensuring follow up actions are implemented.
- Develop and drive health and wellbeing initiatives contributing to overall worker safety.
- Support the development of Standard Operating Procedures and Safe Systems of Work incorporating safety and environmental requirements, undertaking risk assessments as appropriate.
- Drive the continuous improvement of employee health, safety, welfare and environmental issues through promotion and communication.
- Develop and deliver internal health, safety and environmental awareness training.
- Establish key working relationships with colleagues at all levels of the business (and where applicable clients, contractors, authorities and third parties).
- Ensure compliance with legislative requirements and industry best practise.
Person specification - Who you need to be
- Keen interest and understanding of health, safety and environmental requirements and issues in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build rapport with colleagues across all levels of the business.
- Able to work in a confidential manner.
- Highly detail conscious.
- Organised and calm under pressure.
- Friendly, approachable and flexible – a team player.
- Proactive, positive, enthusiastic – demonstrates a “can do” attitude.
Qualifications and Experience
- Level 6 qualification in Health & Safety e.g. NEBOSH Diploma (or equivalent) preferred.
- IOSH Membership
- Engineering qualifications / background preferred
- Environmental qualification preferred (but not essential as training will be given to the right candidate).
- Previous experience of undertaking an HSE role within a fast-paced continuous process manufacturing organisation.
- Experience within food/food packaging sectors advantageous
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, having a good knowledge of Excel.