Coveris has announced a new £1M investment plan at its linerless labels facility in Spalding which will see the manufacturer increase capacity by over 20% in order to meet growing demand for the sustainable pack format.
Human Resources Apprentice
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a HR Apprentice to join our Louth team. With no previous experience necessary, this is a rare opening for someone looking to commence their career in general HR.
Working in a small friendly team, your role will be varied, and you will work to ensure that quality standards, guidelines, policies and procedures are adhered to. As you would expect, confidentiality and professionalism, are key to this role!
Your role will be to provide effective and professional administrative support to the HR Department and to ensure that quality standards, guidelines, policies and procedures are adhered to. Presenting a positive and professional image of the HR Department and the Company, you will be required to provide confidential advice in response to day-to-day HR enquiries, ensuring the HR Manager is kept informed of such enquiries, to help ensure consistency of information relayed.
In particular you will:
- Provide administrative support to the HR Department as and when required, including post distribution and filing.
- Be responsible for creating new starter and induction packs for all new starters and monitor receipt of induction documentation and right to work documentation.
- Ensure HR System is kept up to date with personal details, medical appointments, are updated accurately.
- Deal with queries relating to the holiday system from Managers and Employees.
- Deal with PDR and trial review paperwork received inputting onto excel spreadsheets.
- Undertake and co-ordinate annual updates from existing employees to ensure that all next of kin, driving licences, passport, etc details are correct and up to date.
- Booking HR and other ad hoc meeting for the HR team, booking room, organising lunches and sending meeting requests as and when required.
You will also study towards a Level 3 Apprenticeship in Human Resources.
Skills and Personal Qualities
You will have GCSE English and Maths C or above or equivalent. As travel may be required you will ideally be either working towards, or hold a current, clean driving licence.
Full training in the role will be given but the ideal candidate will be:
- Excellent communicator (written and verbal) at all times.
- Organised and calm under pressure
- Able to prioritise own workload
- Good telephone manner
- Professional, friendly, approachable and flexible – a good team player
- Proactive, positive, enthusiastic - demonstrates “can do” attitude
- Accurate with a keen eye for detail
- Computer literate – MS Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.