Managing its own circular-economy for process and supply-chain waste, Coveris’ recycling facility has received the top environmental honour at this year’s annual FINAT European Label Forum and Recycling Awards.
Purpose of Role
To improve and maintain levels of Hygiene across site, paying emphasis within the operations facilities. To ensure that the required British Retail Consortium standards are maintained across the whole of the site, both internally and externally. Reporting directly to the site Hygiene Supervisor.
- Maintain stocks of consumable hygiene materials.
- Carry out specific machine and machine area cleaning in line with safe working practice/safe systems of work.
- Responsible for maintaining hygiene standards as agreed with Hygiene Supervisor and SHE Manager on a site wide basis.
- Carries out other adhoc duties that may be required at the demand of the business inclusive of MEWP / FLT operations, subject to the appropriate training.
- Carry out duties in accordance with legal requirements i.e.: Health and Safety at Work Act 1974. Make recommendations for improvements through Process Shift Managers/Health and Safety Representatives as appropriate.
Strategic Input and Business Improvement
- Identify and recommend new ways of working which benefit Coveris
- Demonstrate an active engagement with constantly looking for ways to improve the site hygiene levels to drive commercial benefit.
Relationship Management (Internal and External)
- Establish key working relationships with colleagues at all levels of the business
Demonstrate Technical Knowledge
- Have solid production hygiene function background
- Understand the needs of the businesses in regard to hygiene and environmental standards
- Report to the site Hygiene Supervisor.
- Print weekly stock usage reports from stores management system
Person specification - Who you need to be
- Be able to work in a confidential manner.
- Be detailed, thorough, and accurate.
- Be able to prioritise and manage your own workload and tasks.
- Be pleasant, professional and proficient.
- Organised and calm under pressure.
- Friendly, approachable and flexible – a team player.
- Proactive, positive, enthusiastic - demonstrates “can do” attitude.
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment.
- Attention to detail and strong customer service skills with excellent time management