Coveris has been announced as winner of the coveted New Product Award for Equipment/Packaging at The Sammies Awards. Developed in a collaborative sustainability project, Coveris’ winning entry is M&S cartonboard sushi packaging.
Junior Creative Designer
A fantastic opportunity has arisen within our New Product Development department for a Junior Creative Designer to join the team based at our Leeds site.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Research, suggest, and design cross category packaging solutions and translate into artwork and 3D visuals for new product development launches and existing product ranges
- Work closely with the Group Innovation Director, New Product Development team and Creative design team in the UK, initiating early stage packaging concepts and development to agreed timelines and in accordance with the tight security confines of the business
- Manage workflow, maintain and communicate project status regularly to the Creative team and NPD team
- Work with the Creative team to design and develop innovative packaging solutions relevant to existing and new product ranges to agreed timelines
- Understand market and retail trends
- Research and develop new ideas in packaging
- Knowledge/experience in creating artwork files in Adobe Creative Cloud Software (Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat etc)
- 3D design software such as Esko studio or similar is beneficial but not essential
- Experience with working with cutter guides and templates for design is desirable
- Knowledgeable of packaging materials, substrates and construction is desirable
- Problem solving skills
- Self-driven and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Can work in a high pressure, fast moving environment
- Strong grasp of new product development processes
- Must have the ability to illustrate free hand at a proficient level
This is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive business who invest in people. Should you feel that your skills and experience match the specification, please forward your covering letter and CV along with your salary expectations to our team.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, unfortunately we are unable to provide individual feedback. If you have not heard from us within 7 days after the closing date, then please assume that your application has not been successful.