Coveris has announced a new £1M investment plan at its linerless labels facility in Spalding which will see the manufacturer increase capacity by over 20% in order to meet growing demand for the sustainable pack format.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Production Planning Apprentice to join our busy Louth planning team. This is an excellent opportunity to be an integral part of our business from the outset and would especially suit someone who enjoys a well organised, structured and logical approach to their work.
Based in planning team, you will help to produce accurate, detailed information to support the planning of all production activities. Connecting with every area of our business, you will communicate and use information to directly influence the planning decisions we make – Typically you might be required to represent the department at meetings or explain the schedule, so this role would suit a confident individual with excellent communication skills.
In this demanding role, the ability to think on your feet and resilience are key but in return you will have the opportunity to have an immediate impact and see the results of your work in action. There will also be the opportunity to support the planning departments, as well as the wider business, improvement activities.
In particular you will:
- produce accurate, detailed information to support the processing and planning of all activities within the Supply Chain function when required
- attend the daily planning meeting and produce a schedule for all relevant departments that are represented and present at the meeting. Any issues should be discussed and resolved at these meetings
- review on a daily basis, the Shop Floor Data Collection information supplied by the Shift Performance Managers
- liaise daily with Customer Services regarding customer regarding customer requirements
- manage some aspects of material control
- review production methods and capability on a job-by-job basis and by product type to improve efficiency and increase profits
- feedback to the Customer Services Manager, Operations, Sales and Finance Teams on any Customer Issues – as required
- provide detailed production forecasting analysis when requested to give Site visibility of the Plan
You will be a reliable, well organised individual with strong attention to detail, a positive attitude, self-motivated, enthusiastic and able to work under your own initiative. You will need to be a team player and have the Desire to learn and develop own skills.
Full training will be given but the ideal candidate will have:
· Ability to communication in a professional manner at all levels
· Strong IT Skills
· Good Problem-solving skills
An essential tool of the role, the candidate would be required to use Microsoft Office to produce and present information throughout the business in a professional manner.