Coveris has once again been recognised for print excellence at the European Flexographic Industry Association (EFIA) Awards. Gold award winners in three categories, Coveris also took home Silver in the prestigious ‘Best in Show’ competition.
Process Control Engineer
Job title: Process Control Engineer
Reports to: Head of Pre-Press
Purpose of role
- Management and build of the sites print process controls to ensure consistency around key areas including colour management and sequencing.
- The role will ensure management of print/pre-press variables whilst ensuring jobs/ranges are produced “right first time”.
- Additional duties include pre/post colour management via IQC and Colorcert, prepress technical checks and management of physical standards.
- Management of the sites process controls prior to production, this includes:
- Colour Sequencing in-line with Fingerprint Standards ensuring range consistency and printability.
- Press side matching instructions ensuring standards are achievable based on SKU requirements.
- Allocation of jobs prepress variables including tape, anilox, gravure, pad roller & ITR (in the round).
- Build of X-rite Colorcert jobs prior to production.
- Pre-press technical QC checks.
- Pre/post digital colour management in conjunction with the sites colour management policy.
- To develop and maintain the sites colour policy and related SOP’s.
- The maintenance of IQC/Colorcert site databases and colour management procedure.
- The maintenance of the sites physical and digital colour standards in conjunction with customer requirements.
- Supersession/Archiving of deceased colour standards.
- Management and maintenance of the drawdown procedure.
- Raising Print Technical Trials and Coordinating Print Technical PPM meetings.
Relationship Management (Internal and External)
- Ensure that consideration and good relations are maintained at all times with both internal and external contacts.
- To liaise and communicate fully at all times with Print Technical, Print, Inkstore & PrePress.
- Reporting into the Head of PrePress.
- To provide reports to the PrePress & Print as required.
Personal Specification – Who you need to be
- Good organisational and planning skills
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent Communicator (written and verbal) and able to build effective working relationships at all levels
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines with attention to detail and accuracy
- Friendly, approachable and flexible – a team player
- Organised and calm under pressure
- Proactive, positive, enthusiastic - demonstrates “can do” attitude, able to use own initiative
- Behave in a professional manner
Qualifications and Experience
- Computer literate – MS Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Previous administrative experience preferable
- Use information technology systems to carry out duties in the most efficient and effective manner.
- To achieve personal appraisal targets, as agreed by the line manager.
- To undertake training and constructively take part in meetings, supervision, seminars and other events designed to improve communication and assist with the effective development of the post and post holder.
- To be committed to Coveris’ core values.
- To ensure that duties are undertaken with due regard and compliance with GDPR and other legislation.
- Understanding of Illustrator/Photoshop/Esko Suite Software
- Creation and amendment of cutter guides
- Amending artwork files
- Applying repro to simple artwork files
- Introduction to colour management software
- Development of project co-ordination skills