Coveris has been announced as winner of the coveted New Product Award for Equipment/Packaging at The Sammies Awards. Developed in a collaborative sustainability project, Coveris’ winning entry is M&S cartonboard sushi packaging.
Safety, Health & Environment Coordinator
Purpose of Role
To develop and co-ordinate the Health, Safety and Environment culture and administration system requirements at Coveris. To work with a cheerful, positive and flexible outlook, supporting the Regional HS&E manager, site management and safety representative teams and to prioritise the workload to ensure that statutory, legal, training and other related areas of compliance are kept up to date through the continual improvement of Health, Safety and Environmental standards across the group as appropriate in order to achieve and exceed our Group objectives.
To achieve KPIs and quality levels set by the Group H&S Manager.
- The co-ordination, maintenance and administration of Health and Safety documentation.
- Carry out Risk Assessments and give guidance to others on the completion of Risk Assessments.
- Development and production of Safe Systems of Work.
- Understanding and advising on current H&S legislation, guidance and best practise.
- Maintain and manage divisional corporate compliance safety requirements.
- Assist Site and Departmental Managers in audits.
- Help drive and maintain the continual improvement of employee health, safety and welfare as
- well as environmental management through communication, promotion and development.
- Assist Management with responsibility for Safety matters in the safety administration of their responsibilities.
- To provide the necessary support for the Division, for liaison with clients, authorities,
- subcontractors and other relevant third parties on Safety issues.
- To provide support in investigations of incidents/accidents and other breaches compliance.
- To maintain, monitor and publish safety statistics for the Division.
- Delivering appropriate internal health, safety and environmental training.
Strategic Input and Business Improvement
- Identify and recommend new ways of working which benefit Coveris.
- Demonstrate an active engagement with constantly looking for ways to improve the process to drive commercial benefit.
Relationship Management (Internal and External)
- Establish key working relationships with colleagues at all levels of the business (and where applicable clients, contractors, authorities and third parties). Demonstrate Technical Knowledge
- Understand the needs of the businesses in order to comply with legislative compliance, H&S and
- Local Authority guidance and industry best practise.
- To provide the Regional Advisor and Group HS&E Manager with regular reports on compliance including gap analysis.
- Conduct area safety inspections as and when required and complete paperwork.
- Report all H&S issues in keeping with company procedure.
Person specification - Who you need to be
- Have an interest and understanding of health, safety and environmental requirements and issues in the workplace.
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office, in particular have a good Have strong organisational, grammar and communication skills at all levels.
- Be able to work in a confidential manner.
- Be detailed, thorough, and accurate.
- Be able to prioritise and manage your own workload and tasks.
- Be pleasant, professional and proficient.
- Be able to deliver training in a confident and proficient manner.
- Organised and calm under pressure.
- Friendly, approachable and flexible – a team player.
- Proactive, positive, enthusiastic - demonstrates “can do” attitude.
- Travel will be required throughout the UK therefore current and preferably clean driving licence is desired.
Qualifications and Experience
- NEBOSH Certificate (or equivalent) essential
- Engineering qualifications / background preferred
- Environmental qualification preferred (but not essential as training will be given to the right candidate).
- Experience in the management of health, safety and environmental systems.
- Experienced in preparing and delivering training and presentations to employees at all levels of the business.
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment. knowledge of Excel.