Coveris has opened a first of its kind sustainable development centre in Leeds, as part of its Pack Positive® strategy to address packaging and food sustainability in a circular economy.
Job Title: Shift Lead
Reporting to: Extrusion Manager
Contract type: Permanent - across shifts
- Production of polythene film to the required customer specification.
- Maximisation of production output.
- Ensure full handover is completed at the end/beginning of each shift
- Manage the shift on a day to day basis, escalating to the Extrusion Manager/HR if appropriate
- Manage return to work process for absence in a timely manner
- Complete Shift Lead checks on each shift.
- Be willing/able to cover an operator role in the event of absence cover
- Completion of order changes.
- Carry out and accurately record quality control checks, taking remedial action where required.
- Working to work tickets and job specification sheets, and accurately completing all production-related controlled documents, ensuring compliance to customer requirements and quality standards.
- Promptly notify supervisors or line manager if product is out of specification.
- Ensure raw material supplies and material feed are maintained.
- Removal and bailing of scrap product.
- Weigh, palletise and remove finished product.
- Ensure finished product packaging is completed to specification and sufficient for needs, with correct labelling.
- Completion and to all task cards and instructions relevant to operational area.
- Maintenance of housekeeping and hygiene standards.
- Assist in direct training in conjunction with the Extrusion Trainer and department head.
- Completion of duties in a safe and responsible manner and in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, making recommendations for improvement through Health & Safety Representative as appropriate.
- Completion of ad-hoc duties to meet the needs of the business, subject to appropriate training.
- Ability to work closely with other members of the team ensuring cooperation and a team working atmosphere across the shift.
- Willing to develop skills and knowledge of manufacturing methodologies
- Have excellent attention to detail.
- Safety awareness, and ability to communicate effectively.