Coveris has been announced as winner of the coveted New Product Award for Equipment/Packaging at The Sammies Awards. Developed in a collaborative sustainability project, Coveris’ winning entry is M&S cartonboard sushi packaging.
Shift Multi-Skilled Engineer
Shift Multi-Skilled Engineer
Purpose of role
To work as part of the Engineering Team on the Winsford Site. As required providing breakdown and maintenance cover on a varied range of plastic film producing machinery and ancillary support equipment
This is a 4 on 4 off shift pattern working rotating 2-day 2-night shifts (4 x 12 hour).
- To ensure that all equipment on site is in a safe condition and complies with current Health & Safety Legislation.
- To respond to machine faults across site, as directed by the Engineering Shift Supervisor and or Shift Manager
- To complete Planned Preventative Maintenance as directed by Engineering Management
- To complete breakdown and maintenance records for all work undertaken on site
- To interact with onsite Engineering stores personnel, to include but not be restricted to, booking parts out of stores, assisting in sourcing alternative parts where the original is not available, returning unused parts to stores
- To take part in meetings, supervision, training as requested
- To undertake other duties commensurate to the grade of the post
Strategic Input and Business Improvement
- Demonstrate an active engagement with constantly looking for ways to improve the process to drive commercial benefit.
Relationship Management (Internal and External)
- Establish key working relationships with colleagues at all levels of the business to include contractors and third parties.
Demonstrate Technical Knowledge
- Have solid engineering fault finding and maintenance background
- Understand the needs of the businesses to comply with legislative compliance
- Willingness to learn new skills and be adaptable
- Report all on going Engineering issues in keeping within company procedure.
- Have an interest and understanding of engineering principles.
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Have strong organisational, grammar and communication skills at all levels.
- Be able to work in a confidential manner.
- Be detailed, thorough, and accurate.
- Be able to prioritise, and manage your own workload and tasks.
- Be pleasant, professional and proficient.
- Organised and calm under pressure.
- Friendly, approachable and flexible – a team player.
- Proactive, positive, enthusiastic - demonstrates “can do” attitude.
Qualifications & Experience
- A recognised Engineering apprenticeship to ONC/HNC or equivalent Engineering qualification
- Working knowledge of electrical controls (PLCs, Contactors, Relays, VSDs etc.)
- City & Guilds 17th or 18th Edition (desirable)
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- Working knowledge of weighing and tension systems (Load cells etc.)
- Mechanical skills, have working knowledge of gearboxes pistons, drive systems
- An understanding of pneumatic/hydraulic systems
- IOSH Managing Safely an advantage
- Experience of engineering systems to include planned preventative maintenance
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment, BRC accredited and 5S (desirable)
- Experience with plastic extrusion or FMCG and associated auxiliary equipment is an advantage