Coveris has once again been recognised for print excellence at the European Flexographic Industry Association (EFIA) Awards. Gold award winners in three categories, Coveris also took home Silver in the prestigious ‘Best in Show’ competition.
TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) Engineer
Reports to: Electrical Engineering Manager
To develop / assist in developing the site planned preventive maintenance (PPM) system in line with total productive maintenance (TPM) practices and maximise efficiency of plant through reducing machine downtime and waste, incorporating safe working practices. To assist site engineers in a hands-on manner to ensure continuity of production and to facilitate enhanced production efficiencies.
- To develop / assist in developing the site planned preventive maintenance (PPM) system in line with total productive maintenance (TPM) practices.
- To implement the planned preventive maintenance plan to reduce production lost time due to machine breakdowns, and to facilitate enhanced production efficiencies and raise OEE.
- To complete breakdown and maintenance records for all work undertaken on site
- To interact with onsite Engineering stores personnel, to include but not be restricted to, determine business critical spares, and to ensure adequate stock levels are maintained. booking parts out of stores, assisting in sourcing alternative parts where the original is not available, returning unused parts to stores
- Liaise with third party contractors to provide cost effective and efficient service contract agreements in engineering services
- Lead / participate in ad-hoc project teams as required, TPM, CPS, A3 improvement projects on specified issues.
- Provide management information in a format, which allows ease of analysis and determination of root cause
- To take part in meetings, supervision, training as requested
- To undertake duties and in accordance with key legislative requirements and commensurate to the grade of the post.
- Strategic Input and Business Improvement
- Identify and recommend new ways of working which benefit Coveris through CPS and TPM.
- Demonstrate an active engagement with constantly looking for ways to improve the process to drive commercial benefit and raise OEE.
- Relationship Management (Internal and External)
- Establish key working relationships with colleagues at all levels of the business (and where applicable clients, contractors, authorities and third parties).
- Demonstrate Technical Knowledge
- Have solid engineering fault finding and maintenance background
- Understand the needs of the businesses to comply with legislative compliance
- Willingness to learn new skills and be adaptable
- To provide the Engineering Manager, Operations Manager, SHE Manager and Site Manager where required reports on performance and compliance, including gap analysis.
- Report all on going Engineering issues in keeping with company procedure.
- Person specification - Who you need to be
- Have an interest and understanding of engineering principles.
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office, have a good knowledge of Excel.
- Have strong organisational, grammar and communication skills at all levels.
- Be able to work in a confidential manner.
- Proactive, positive, enthusiastic - demonstrates “can do” attitude.
- Be detailed, thorough, and accurate, and able to prioritise and manage your own workload and tasks.
- Be pleasant, professional and proficient. Be able to deliver training in a confident and proficient manner.
- Organised and calm under pressure. Friendly, approachable and flexible – a team player.
Qualifications and Experience:
- HNC or equivalent Engineering qualification. IOSH Managing Safely an advantage
- Working knowledge of PLCs and drives. Ability to read and understand electrical drawings and specifications
- Knowledge of PUWER regulations
- Experience in the management of engineering systems to include total productive maintenance (TPM).
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment.
Full time, 37.5 hours per week.