Coveris has welcomed Sir Edward Leigh MP and local councillor Mrs Jessie Milne to its manufacturing site in Gainsborough to discuss its sustainability strategy Pack Positive® and the development of more recyclable plastic packaging
Trainee Commercial Analyst - Louth
A rare and exciting opportunity has arisen for a Trainee Commercial Analyst to join our busy Louth team.
As a leading international manufacturing company, Coveris is dedicated to providing solutions that enhance the safety, quality and convenience of products we use every day. In partnership with the most respected brands in the world, Coveris develops vital products that protect everything from the food we eat, to medical supplies, to the touch screen device in our pockets, contributing to the lives of millions every day. With locations across Europe, the Middle East and Asia, Coveris is able to offer unique career opportunities that take full advantage of each individual’s talents, interests and experience.
At our Louth site we Extrude, Print and Finish products for the shrink collation, frozen food, produce and bakery sectors as well as supplying recycled building film.
With a site turnover is in excess of £50m and plans in place to further expand the business over the next two years, as the Trainee Commercial Analyst you will support the Commercial department in order to maximise the business profitability through pricing, analysis and interpretation of commercial data.
This is an excellent opportunity to be an integral part of our business from the outset and would especially suit a highly numerate and commercially aware team player who enjoys a well organised, structured and logical approach to their work. Full training in the role will be given however a proactive approach to your own development is essential. With an analytical approach you will have the ability to summarise, present and communicate detailed data in an accurate and meaningful way. Tenacious, with a drive to succeed under pressure, you will understand the need for good interpersonal skills coupled with a friendly and approachable disposition to successfully manage relationships
Being educated to degree level or equivalent, although advantageous, is not critical as long as you can demonstrate experience relevant or relatable to the role. Experience of the Microsoft environment including Share point and Power BI would also be an advantage.
Want to know more:
Your training would include how to:
- Create price estimates for sales enquiries including recommended price level, margin level, comparison to current market levels, assumptions and if relevant any options / requirements associated with a different price.
- Manage the “tenders” process in a proactive manner.
- Create a daily review process of orders received and orders completed to understand potential profitability & actual profitability and work with stakeholders to identify ways to improve.
- Identify opportunity to drive margin improvement by customer/ product.
- Provide a link between the sales organisation and the commercial organisation to ensure alignment of targets and priorities.
- Align Sales Pipeline data and ensure profitability targets are achieved in line with the pricing excellence programme by supporting the Commercial team.
- Assist in the collation and reporting of data, aligned to weekly / month deadlines to measure progress and profitability to budget providing commentary and analysis including progress and variances.
- Support the development of systems and models that help improve business processes.
- Support development of reliable reporting platforms that provide dynamic data that help make quick reliable decisions.
- Through the support of the analysis and reporting of profitability between different customers, markets and products work with the commercial team to agree, implement and show improvements in its profitability,
- Balance our commercial returns through judicious pricing, operational efficiency, material optimisation and good cost control to deliver profitability targets.
Full role profile provided on request.
Salary based on experience. To find out more about us and to apply online visit: www.coveris.co.uk/company/careers